Memorial Day Facts: Memorial Day, which is one of most famous days in the history of America and having a lot of traditions related to it. There are lots of Memorial Fun Facts related to it as its an old tradition and continuing from many years. Originally called as Decoration Day in past, and used to honor soldiers who died in American civil war. By the 19th century, the decoration day became Memorial Day. Memorial day facts for kids are also part of this special day as they create war stories in their own world.
You May Also Like: Happy Memorial Day Images
With lots of memorial days, history facts revolve around memorial day, Memorial day which is having an old history and which is also called previously as Decoration Day has some very cool facts which every person should know. Even small kids are interested and sharing patriotic messages to people in your circle makes this day even more special. There are also some memorial day fun facts related to this special day. Like, it is called as the official start of summer season.
There are some very interesting facts about Memorial day. Some of them are:
- Original celebration of the Decoration Day (Memorial Day now) took place on 30 May 1868.
- Memorial Day is three days long for most people.
- On this day, US flag is raised to the top of flagpoles and raised again displaying a message that nation’s heroes did not die in vain.
Also Check: Memorial Day Quotes Sayings
- People are visiting cemeteries and decorating graves with flowers.
- Musical performances are broadcasted live, and people can her or watch them live, and attendance to them is also free.
- Memorial Day Prades taking place in small and large parts of whole country showing respect to the soldiers and army people who died in civil war.
- Many people will put on red poppies to display them as a tribute to dead people.
- Memorial Day is given this name after family members of fallen soldiers decorated the their graves with flowers.
- We remember our brave heroes who made the sacrifice defending the our nation.
Help us to shape America and make a world better place to live in,
where we will lay down the arms of war,
and turn our swords into ploughshares,
for a harvest of justice and peace …
~Homeless Poet~ A lost guardian angel. Sitting on the edge of the world. I follow the cracks of the sidewalk, my trolley and I. My home on the corner of every mission street. My tin coffee cup starts off with caring heartbeats. My only possession is the icon of war, with six buttons missing. Navy and white my grandfathers 70-year-old military tunic. My Jacket- My blanket- My Jacket from which I am inseparable. My Jacket goes wherever I go. This Jacket is my home.
This is the article about Memorial day Facts or facts about Memorial day and we hope you got the full information. Don’t forget to share our page with your friends and family.
More For Happy Memorial Day 2017